Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sewing Nappies!

As I am pregnant and having a bit of a rough time with high blood pressure and feeling unwell, I have been trying to take it easy. Instead of getting the 'nesting' urge to clean the house I have been really motivated to sew. I got my machine out for the first time in a couple of years and searched the net for instructions. I found this pattern. I made some alterations to it because I wanted it to be really trim and I suspect my bub will be a small one. I searched the house for scraps of material that would be suitable as an absorber and found some old towels, bunny rugs and flat cloth nappies. I followed the directions to make the nappies and really impressed myself, particularly with sewing the elastic. I didn't bother putting any hook and loop on it as the covers will hold it closed! Ive put up a pic of my efforts....Now I just need to buy some cute wrap covers.




No comments:

Post a Comment