Well I have done it! I have completed the skirt that threatened to ruin the first challenge. I made a three tierd skirt for myself based on another skirt I own and like wearing. The original skirt was a black skirt with lining. Easy! I thought....
So I went to Spotlight and found some material that I loved, bought some tracing paper to make a pattern and some white lining...then got sewing! I measured out the original skirt, made a pattern, then cut out the material, including the lining. I spent the rest of the evening making my new skirt, noticing throughout that it didn't feel like my other skirt, much much heavier. Eventually it was finished and I was very proud, I put it on, looked in the mirror and laughed. It was awful! Much too full, heavy, long and daggy. I showed Ben and he said that looks like a granny skirt!...I would have been offended except that he was right!!
So I took it off and threw it over the sewing chair which is where it stayed for two weeks...until I decided to give it another go.
I pulled most of it apart, pulled out the lining as it wasn't needed, the material was heavy enough. I shortened the hem and adjusted the middle tier, ironed the entire thing as flat as I could get it and put it on....and I liked it! and Ben likes it (I think!) I would definilty make this skirt again but only if the material is on sale. The skirt cost about $25 all up. Definilty wouldn't bother with lining again unless the material was thin like the original skirt. So that is challenge one complete!! Yay me!!
Babywise Success Happens Over and Over Again
11 hours ago